It has come to our attention that a scammer is again sending emails impersonating Father Perez. Be assured Father Perez is not asking for gift vouchers or anything through email or text messages. Any email that has a suspicious address should be ignored.
Official emails from OLV parish and the Diocese of Arlington will have our domain name, firstname.lastname@example.org or arlingtondiocese.org.
• If the email address ends in Yahoo, or Gmail, or Hotmail (or any other provider), it is not an official email from Father Perez or Our Lady of the Valley.
• The current fraudulent email is as follows:email@example.com Fraudulent emails often include grammar and spelling errors and awkward wording.
If you receive a suspicious email:
1. Do not reply to the email.
2. Report it as spam to your email provider (there is usually an option after you select the email; for instance, in Gmail, the option is identified by a symbol with an exclamation point in a stop sign).
3. Do not send money, gift cards, or personal information to an unverified entity. Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is also a good idea to change the password on your email account.
We have reported this incident to the Diocese and are working with them.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call the parish office, 540-743-4919 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your concern and prayers.
May God bless you in your compassion and generosity,